Jasmine Becket-Griffith (jasminetoad) wrote,
Jasmine Becket-Griffith


Yesterday I finally got everything ready to send to the distributors in Canada. I burned all of my image files to a CD-ROM and printed out samples (in two sizes) of all of the prints they are licensing from me for re-printing/wholesale distribution. I printed out my artist's photo and bio information. I printed out illustrated lists of the prints with the titles. I printed out and signed the contract and licensing agreement. It took an inordinate amount of time, especially since I had an unanticipated lack of blue and yellow ink (damn me, why do all of my paintings have to be green?). I got it all boxed up, and realized that it was too late to call FedEx for a pickup. Even though the company is paying for the shipping, I thought that it would be inconsiderate of me to run up a bunch of extra "Saturday Pickup" fees. So, I had Matty drive me to Kinko's in the middle of the night so I could use their FedEx dropoff. Luckily they had the option there to "bill to recipient's FedEx account" so I still didn't have to pay for it all =)

Wow, what a boring post. Let me see... what else is new...
I've got Director 8.5 running on my new(er) computer now. I'm trying to remember all of the Lingo scripting ::Jasmine thinks back to her graphics and multimedia class days:: - it's slowly coming back to me. I'm not sure to what use I will put my inevitable creations - I may put in some fun flash stuff on my website. One of my senior projects (UMKC's art deparment lacking, the majority of my higher level courses were independent studies) was a cute little "Divination" program. There was a Tarot Card segment, a Stichomancy segment, and a Teutonic Runes segment. It was all illustrated with my original acrylic paintings that I had scanned (I also used it as part of my senior Painting independent study course, killing two birds with one stone). The day before it was due I ended up without the soundtrack files (half of it was done on the Mac at the graphics lab, and the other half was done on my PC at home, and some things were lost along the way) so I quickly dubbed in a bunch of really loud and random classical music. It was really quite funny. I wish I knew where it was - I only had the finished product burned for Mac, but I still wish I kept a copy of it (D'oh!). Perhaps I will create something along the same lines for my website. With more tasteful music ;)
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.