||[Nov. 15th, 2003|09:14 pm]
I just saw THE most impressive fireworks I have EVER seen in my life (and, mind you, I've seen a lot of fireworks). Literally right outside our door - we just stood on our balcony-thingy and we had the best view in town - they were over the lake. Probably well over a million dollars worth of fireworks - it was insane! Many times over a typical Disney fireworks show. Incredibly elaborate ones too, that made out shapes and faces in the sky. I can't believe it! This weekend is "Founder's Day Weekend" here in Celebration (kind of like a weekend-long carnival/Fourth of July type thing, but for Celebration, Florida, lol) and the city is completely decked out with booths of food and moonwalks and games and stuff. |
This town is sure aptly named - it seems that there is always some celebration or event going on. I can't believe how much I love living here =) So much free entertainment!
Thank you both again for tipping me off to that blimp today! That was keen!
2003-11-15 07:29 pm (UTC)
Celebration sounds cool
A lot of my friends move to FL and they tell me who cool it is compared to Boston. The houses there are so much more affordable too! Your town has a cool name, Celebration. How could you not be happy in town named Celebration.
2003-11-15 09:28 pm (UTC)
Re: Celebration sounds cool
Indeed! We just moved here in April, and I love it so much =)
Oh my - Florida is absolutely heavenly as far as thunderstorms go! We get more lightning than any other state.
You are more than welcome to add me to your friends list! =)
Sorry to bother you again with more Celebration questions, but I wondered if you knew anything about this. My mom said that if you buy a house in Celebration and then you decide you want to move, you just give the deed back to Disney instead of being able to sell it and get some of your money back. Also she said if you were to, for example, die in a car accident one day, instead of the house going to your children (or someone) it just goes right back to Disney. So basically there's no investment like when buying a regular house. Did you hear anything like this?
LOL!!! That's absolutely ridiculous and incredibly illegal! I HATE it when people spread retarded rumours like that. No offense, it's just one of those things that I get sick of hearing after living here, it grows to be a pet peeve. You would not believe the stupid stuff people actually say!
Buying and selling houses work just the same way here as anywhere else. Once you buy land it is yours, lol. You can leave it to your children, sell it, whatever. Housing costs in fact have increased so much since the town was built, many people buy homes and sell them a year later and make a small fortune!
When houses are built in any planned neighborhood - anywhere - somebody or some company had to have built the homes and owned the property before it is sold to the first owners. In this case, it was Disney. Nothing more than that.
Disney does own the apartment building I live in though, so they get my rent, lol.
I thought that it sounded ridiculous myself. My mom toured some of the houses in Celebration the last time she was down there and said she looked into it and that's what she found out. She must have misunderstood something. A lot. lol!! Thanks for telling me how silly that!!
Lol! That's just bizarre!
I know when the town was first built (in 1996), there was a HUGE number of people who wanted to buy homes. They had a lottery and randomly drew numbers to see which people would be able to buy the first run of houses built. Those people had to agree to a clause that they would not re-sell their home within like 6 months for profit because they were worried that people would try to take advantage of the people who were on the waiting list, lol. Maybe she heard about that and got confused? That was just for the first few founders and for a short period of time. Now, it's just like anywhere else - there are a million real estate companies that sell re-sale homes (usually for about twice what they sold for just a couple of years ago!). I'm anxious to buy a home myself, before prices get too high!
Basically 95% of the negative or weird stuff you hear about Celebration is completely made up, and the other 5% is a misunderstanding, lol.
OHHH I'm so jealous!!! I LOVE "GOOD" FIREWORKS! Next time take pics?
You live in such a fun town! :D